Live proctoring with Examity is only available for use by virtual (V) courses. Faculty teaching eligible courses will be contacted by ATS staff prior to the start of the quarter. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Examity offers online live exam proctoring, which consists of students completing an exam while being observed and recorded via screenshare and webcam by a professional proctor. This service is intended for high-stakes exams only. Faculty are strongly encouraged to consider alternatives to proctored online exams to assess students. Ideas and recommendations can be found on the Testing page and the Testing Alternatives page.
With this simple overview in mind, please review the detailed materials and instructions below before getting started with Examity.
Please use the following documents to set up Examity in your Canvas course and to communicate with students:
- Instructions for faculty to get started with Examity (updated 1/19/2023, 10am)
- Faculty Tutorial (video: 14:46) (updated 3/25/2021, 12pm)
- Language that faculty can use to communicate with students about Examity (PDF version; Word version) (updated 3/23/2021, 2pm)
- Test Taker Guide (updated 1/31/2022, 12pm)
- Test Taker Tutorial (video: 4:05) (updated 3/25/2021, 12pm)
If you have additional questions about setting up Examity for your course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to learn about other ways to create flexible learning experiences for students, review the information in the Teaching and Testing sections in the Keep Teaching site.